Thursday 14 April 2011

Renovations have begun!!!

Well it is with great excitement that I can report we are proud owners of our new house and we have survived our first day of renovations. (I am so tired it just took me 4 attempts to figure out how to spell excitement :) ).

We made pretty good progress thanks to hours of hard labour completed by the in laws and my dad. Walls have been sanded, cleaned and holes filled. Ceilings have been scrubbed and as I write my other half is working away on his own sanding the floors late into the night.

On arrival at the house it was clear what my first mission should be, I started to feel like I might need to go to the loo but one look at the throne in our new house convinced me that some serious work needed to be done before using it could be even remotely considered. The previous occupants were not what we would call aware of the words 'clean' or 'cleaning' and how one might either want or obtain a 'clean house'. They had been there 7 years and had certainly not laid a finger on a bottle of spray and wipe in that time.

So, wishing I had a hazmat suit in my cleaning arsenal I entered the dreaded throne room. And I kid you not- I cleaned that bloody toilet for 3 hours. The toilet and I are now old friends, I was practically hugging it for half an hour for goodness sake. I feel as if I should be awarded some sort of bravery award for my efforts, perhaps there is a Purple Duck I should receive, or Martyr of the Year ceremony I should be attending.

Ironically, I found peas behind the toilet, not pee (although there was plenty of that in all sorts of places you wouldn't believe) but round green ones. Very odd. I won't let on any more details of my heroic efforts as I feel that you may not be able to cope with the gory details of my war tale. What I will tell you is that the saddest part was that at the end of my 3 hours (again I really am not kidding about this I started at 10.30 and finished just before 1.30) the stupid place still smelt like old man wee. YUK!

So who wants to come and visit!? Ha ha! No doubt if you do you will pee just before leaving your house and politely decline any beverages whilst at my lovely new home, but I'll know why! I can assure you though it's very usable now, maybe just hold your nose a bit.

That's all I've got on the renovations front for now- I will happily keep you posted on how it's all going.

By the way, is anyone else as impressed as I am that I have managed to write 3 blogs that don't focus entirely on the fact that I have a baby?? kudos to me I say! I'm brewing another one though so I'll be back here soon if I get a break from cleaning fly poop of walls and ceilings in the next few days. See you soon..

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha you are so hilarious Nic and such a talented writer! am enjoying your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete