Sunday 27 March 2011

well here it is

I've never thought of myself as being able to write anything of interest, or anything that could possibly keep people entertained. But, here I am writing my first blog. So...what should it be about. Don't bloggers just write about themselves? Not having read many blogs I don't know, but perhaps if I start with that I will think of something else!

So what shall I tell you? I'm 31 live in Tauranga New Zealand. Married with one son- 7 months old. Being a mum basically dominates my life at the moment and for breif moments I wish it didn't, so perhaps occasionally I will try proving on here that once, many sleepless nights ago I did have a life that did not revolve around bottles, dirty nappies, sloppy kisses, walks to the park and moments you wish you could capture in a jar and keep forever. (and that maybe at some stage my brain did function in a somewhat normal manner)

We've just bought a tiny little house that is a great do-up project. We call it 'great' and 'exciting' as we are yet to move into it. Perhaps in a couple of months, when we are in the thick of renovations, we won't be using such positive terminology but for now we are thrilled.

And the reason I've started this blog? Well sitting at home sometimes can be a tiny bit mind numbing so it's something new for me to try, get my brain cells ticking over in a way they havent done before. Any mum's at home identify? Now before I sound all too negative I must say I am wonderfully blessed with my family and all the things in my life. But life can always be richer so perhaps by seizing the day and writing this blog I will find something new to explore and enjoy. I've always been a fan of the saying carpe diem, so this is my attempt at doing just that :)

You're welcome to come on the journey with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment